What Makes Justin Ervin A Good Husband To Ashley Graham?

Posted by Tamela Phillippe on Tuesday, May 7, 2024

It has been a decade since supermodel Ashley Graham and famous cinematographer Justin Ervin are happily together. Their love story is unlike everyone else’s.

About Justin Ervin

Justin Ervin is not only a well-known African-American cinematographer, but he is also a producer and photographer.

He became famous as the husband of supermodel Ashley Graham. Justin Ervin loves to stay out of the spotlight unlike his wife Ashley Graham. 

Justin Ervin enjoys working when it comes to professionalism and has established a successful career because he loves what he does.

He had been an accomplished photographer before meeting Graham and you can still see his photography skills on his official Instagram account.

Early Life of Justin Ervin

Born on 31 December, 1988 in Atlanta, Georgia, United States to parents Louis Ervin and Katie Griffy Ervin, Justin Ervin had a beautiful childhood.

He comes from a mixed ethnic background. He follows the religion Christianity and professes to be a devout Christian.

Justin Ervin’s father, Louis Ervin owned a small business in his native city while his mother  Katie Griffy Ervin is a homemaker.

He also has a younger sister named Kia Ervin and is lucky enough to have such a kind family who has always tried to support him in good and bad times.

Ervin always had a love for arts even when he was just a kid. Justin went to a local primary school to get an education so he could pursue his career.

In 2012, he then enrolled into a famous school of visual arts to finish his MFA in social documentary filmmaking in New York.

Justin Ervin had worked in several TV series and movies to prove himself to be the greatest after many efforts to make his name.

He worked as a cinematographer on a number of documentaries, TV shows, and short films, including Elephant in the Room, Down a Dark Stairwell, and 12 Steps to Recovery, among others.

Justin Ervin worked on some of the best documentaries, such as Elephant in the Room (2012) and Six Months Later (2014). These are regarded to be his finest projects as a director.

How Did Justin Ervin Love Story Unfold?

Justin Ervin’s life was routine until he met Ashley Graham, the love of his life, in 2009. The two initially met in an elevator at a church gathering where Ervin was with a buddy.

In a piece taken from her book A New Model, Ashley Graham also revealed: “I didn’t bat an eye.”

“One nudged the other and said, ‘If you don’t talk to her, I will,’ his friend left the elevator, but he stayed on,” she wrote.

Graham was only 21 when she found Ervin, which was the beginning of her modeling career. However, when they started dating they were committed to abstinence until marriage.

Despite the fact that Ashley Graham’s grandparents were first opposed to her African-American lover, Justin who gradually won them over.

“Racism is never surprising but always disappointing,” Justin subsequently informed Ashley about her grandmother’s reaction to him. 

They got married a year later in August 2010. Graham and Ervin have been together for 11 years and have seen many transformations.

Ashley and Justin Graham Children

Ashley Graham revealed the news on Instagram with a surprising video on their ninth wedding anniversary. 

When the camera zoomed out to display the baby bump, she was excited to share the news. Graham first revealed she was expecting a son when in an interview on Ellen.

Erwin posted his own romantic note to his wife in a touching post to honor how far they’ve gone and where they’re going next.

“These 9 years have played out like a lifetime. I guess it’s because my life really started once you came into it. Now that we’ve made a life together, let’s make a life together. I love you and I love us. All of us…”

Their firstborn, Isaac Menelik Giovanni Ervin was delivered at home in a birthing pool on January 18, 2020. Graham went without any meds. Her water had broken during yoga, she explained.

Graham has also posted videos from Isaac’s one year, along with an endearing sequence of clips of him with his father.

When Isaac turned one, Graham revealed on Instagram in July 2021 that she and Ervin are expecting their second child.

The supermodel had expressed her desire for a second kid. “I would get pregnant yesterday if I could,” she stated to WSJ. Magazine in 2020. 

She also confirmed the pair is carrying twins in a September post in which she posted a heartwarming video of her ultrasound screening.

In January, she gave birth to twin boys at home, and in February, she gave her fans their first glimpse of Malachi and Roman.

Three and a half months later, the mother of three got down to her lingerie for a new Spanx commercial.

Despite knowing that her figure had ‘changed so much since giving birth to twins, Ashley Graham appeared in the nude.

“My body has changed so much. I have much more gratitude toward my body because of how much work it’s been through, but it has definitely taken time to, you know, look at my new body, and my postpartum body, and recognize it again,” she revealed.

Ervin and Graham never ceased to support each other, from hosting a private webcam show called The Justin and Ashley Show to start a family together. They are continually encouraging one another.

Justin Ervin Net Worth As of 2022

Justin Ervin is widely known for his award-winning documentary ‘Elephant In The Room,’ which garnered him multiple awards. He has an estimated net worth of $9 million as of 2022.

He served as a filmmaker on ‘Six Months Late’ and ‘Peach Fuzz’ at the same time. He also owns ‘Element Films Inc.,’ commonly known as ‘Justin Ervin Films,’ photography, digital media, plus film production firm.

In addition, the legendary entrepreneur has shot movies and advertisements for international companies such as Netflix, Vogue, Adobe, and Conde Nast, among others.

Despite his fame, Justin’s Instagram photos showcasing his love for family and simple lifestyle have won him fans worldwide.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7t7XZmpqaZpOkunC21KyroqZdmr%2B3tc1mmKygnJrGbrPRmp%2BapV2dwrSuwKebaA%3D%3D